New OS means new tools Windows 10, to the server admins is No difference. One of the chief tools as Windows administrators would be the Remote Server Management Tools (RSAT). As with Windows 7 there is for installing the tools, a download. In this post we will go through the process download and to install.
Download and Install
IMPORTANT: You are able to put in Remote Server Administration Programs for Windows 10 only on the release of Windows 10 Professional or Windows 10 Enterprise.
Download the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 package that is ideal for your computer’s architecture.
You can run the installer from the Download Center Website, or save the bundle to a computer. Should you store the bundle to a computer, double-click the installer app, WindowsTH-KB2693643-x64. Msu, based upon the architecture of the computer where you want to install the tools.
When you are prompted by the Windows Update Standalone Installer dialog box to install the upgrade, click Yes.
Read and accept the license terms. Click I take. Installation requires a couple of minutes to finish.
NOTE: All tools are enabled by default. You do not need to Open Turn Windows features on or off in Windows 10 to enable tools which you want to use.
To turn off tools
- On the desktopcomputer, click Start, click All Apps, click Windows
- Then in Attributes and Apps, and click Programs, click Turn Windows features off or on.
- In the Windows Features dialog box, expand Server Administration Tools, and then enlarge Role Administration Tools or Feature Administration Tools.
- Clear the check boxes for any gear that you want to turn off. Note that in the event you turn into Server Manager, the computer has to be restarted, and has to be opened from the Administrative Tools folder.
- When You’re finished turning off resources that You Don’t want
- On the desktop, click Start, click Apps, click Windows System, and then click Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
- Click View installed updates.
- Right-click Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2693643), and Then click Uninstall.
- When You’re asked if you are Certain you want to uninstall the Upgrade, click Yes.
So there we have it, Remote Server Administration Tools have Been installed and all is great in Windows Administration world!
Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) for Windows 8.1
I really don’t need to tell you that Configuration Manager Administrators perform many jobs and wear many hats. When I had to perform this task, I discovered that Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) were not installed in my Windows 8.1 x64 PC, so this blog article will show you how I set-up RSAT. Hopefully, these measures will help save you some time if you encounter a similar situation.
First, download RSAT 8.1 from Microsoft’s website Origin folder. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39296
- RSAT-Create Bundle
- Under Software Library, select click and then Packages On Produce Package.
- RSAT-Package Details
- Fill in the details for RSAT and click Next.
- RSAT-Program Type
- Select Standard program, and then click Next.
- RSAT-Standard App
Fill in the app Name and Command line. Select the Allow Users to view and interact with the app installation check box, and then click Next.
- Since this version of RSAT is for Windows 8.1 x64,
- Click Next.
- Click Close.
The content and deploying the advertisement to the collection that is proper. I Would make this an Available Advertisement, so that I can select and Choose which PCs it will get installed on.